Solar Panel Permit Process
Solar Access Permit Steps (outlined from ordinance § 520-63)
- Informal Preapplication Meeting – Preliminary meeting with the plan commission prior to filing an application (Village Administrator will conduct these meetings in office or over the phone)
- Submit completed permit application along with application fee ($100)
- Plan Commission will review application within 30 days after it has been filed and paid for.
- If application is satisfactory the Plan Commission will provide notice forms to the applicant for service and signing
- Applicant delivers by certified mail or by hand to the owner of any property which the applicant proposed to be restricted by the permit.
- Return to zoning official signed copy of receipt for every notice delivered
- 520-63 C(7)(a-e) details required content of the notice
- Within 30 days after receipt of the notice any person who received notice may request a hearing. Village Board may determine a hearing is needed even if no request has been made.
- Hearing shall be conducted within 90 days after the last notice was delivered.
- At least 30 days prior to the public hearing the board shall notify applicant and any person who has requested a hearing
- Prior to hearing the plan commission will submit an advisory recommendation to the board.
- The Board will grant or deny the permit based on conditions listed in the ordinance.